Health Benefits of Smoking Cessation
People of all ages who have already developed smoking-related health problems can still benefit from quitting. Below is a list comparing age to the health benefit you will receive when you stop smoking even if you already have a smoking-related health problem:
- At about 30: gain almost 10 years of life expectancy.
- At about 40: gain 9 years of life expectancy.
- At about 50: gain 6 years of life expectancy.
- At about 60: gain 3 years of life expectancy.
- After the onset of life-threatening disease: rapid benefit, people who quit smoking after having a heart attack reduce their chances of having another heart attack by 50%.
Regardless of your age it is always a good time to stop smoking. For more information click on the button below.